The Cardiogram companion app for the Apple Watch requires WatchOS 6.2. and above. If you no longer see the app on your Apple Watch, please be sure to download the latest version of WatchOS. – How To Update your Apple Watch
If Cardiogram has not been updated or you’re unable to see any new data from your Apple Watch on your profile, these steps can help you troubleshoot, isolate, and fix the issue. Let’s start with the basics!
Try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch First to clear out any immediate conflicts that can be causing the issue.
Make sure Bluetooth and wifi are both turned on for your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Double-check to make sure both your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated to the latest version of iOS and WatchOS.
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Cardiogram doesn’t connect directly to your Apple Watch for data. Instead, all of the data you see in Cardiogram is imported from the database that your Apple Watch syncs to. That database is called “HealthKit,” which you can access through the Health app on your iPhone. To isolate this a bit more, let’s make sure that your watch is syncing with your iPhone first and then make sure that Cardiogram can import the data from that database on your iPhone.
Check to see that your Apple Watch is syncing heartbeat data to your iPhone:
- Open the “Health” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Browse” tab at the bottom.
- Tap “Heart.”
- If your Apple Watch is actively syncing with your iPhone, you will see a heart rate summary for “today.”
If you don’t see a heart rate measured today, then your watch is not syncing with your iPhone. If this is the case, follow these troubleshooting steps from Apple – Apple Watch isn’t connected or paired with your iPhone.
*The final step on that document to pair your watch again with your iPhone can resolve the issue in most cases.
If your Apple Watch is syncing data into the “Health” app on your iPhone, and you see a heart measurement taken today, then try checking to make sure Cardiogram has permission to import your health data from the “Health” app.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Health.”
- Tap on “Cardiogram.”
- Make sure every Category is turned on for Cardiogram. Occasionally, after your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Cardiogram updates, you may have to turn off all of the categories then turn them all back on to reset Cardiogram’s permissions.As always, if you need any help, reach out to us by email at [email protected] so we can investigate this for you.